Mission Statement: “To help children learn values with fun, to delight like the moon and shine like the sun”
Bala Vihar, the greatest boon given by Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda to the younger generation is a weekly gathering of children between the ages of 5 to 15 years, that takes place in Chinmaya Mission Centers under the supervision of trained teachers. The aim of Bala Vihar is to help children bloom, grow, and inculcate values through fun-filled activities. Bala Vihar enhances the overall development of the personality of a child at all levels — physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual.
- To train children and inculcate in them the reverence for our ancient culture, inspire them to live up to it with correct understanding.
- To create self-confidence to serve and act cheerfully.
- To generate a true affection in all contacts, inculcate personal discipline and a true spirit of leadership.
- To mould their capacity to express and assert their individuality.
- To bring out their dormant faculties and detect defects; cultivate and improve their creative abilities.
- To help children to develop a healthy resistance against temptations in the atmosphere in which they grow.
- To provide an atmosphere to grow with noble ideals, healthy emotions and physical discipline.
At Chinmaya Mission Milwaukee we offer 4 Bala Vihar classes based on age group. Our teachers are parents and sevaks who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children through Bala Vihar classes.